Diane rated it really liked it May 12, Barbara Bond rated it did not like it Aug 31, Denise rated it it was amazing Jan 11, Kathryn rated it really liked it Jun 16, Sue rated it did not like it Nov 03, J rated it liked it Apr 29, Amy rated it liked it Feb 04, Bron rated it it was amazing May 19, Eden O'mara rated it liked it Nov 03, Jill Harland rated it it was amazing Aug 09, Amy Hoson rated it it was amazing May 08, Davina Dowdle rated it it was amazing Jun 11, Jean Bayliss rated it it was amazing Jun 23, Alisha Hebbard rated it it was amazing Aug 11, Leah Hyndman rated it liked it Feb 15, Sunny rated it really liked it Sep 16, Leigh rated it it was amazing Nov 12, Sheila rated it really liked it Oct 15, Emily rated it really liked it Feb 21, Susie Radford rated it it was ok Dec 01, Farm Mum rated it it was ok Jun 16, Cin rated it it was amazing Feb 22, Peter rated it really liked it Aug 27, Tracy rated it it was amazing Sep 08, He named the dolphin Billy—a spelling that would later need to be tweaked when Bossley realized that she was actually female.
Sara Henderson - Wikipedia
That December, Billie followed a regatta of sailing ships out of Port River and ended up trapped in a particularly polluted harbor. A nearby dolphinarium called Marineland rescued her and kept her at its facility for three weeks. There, she lived alongside five captive dolphins that had been trained to tail-walk in public shows.
She learned to tail-walk just by watching them. That became clear after she was released back to Port River.
She tail-walked in the bow of ships—the only dolphin ever known to do so. Then, in , Bossley and his team of volunteer observers saw another female, called Wave, perform the trick.
- Sara Henderson?
- The Atlantic Crossword.
- How to identify a rare book.
- The Final Ember (The Knights of the Flame Book 1).
- Oeuvres de Ivan Tourgueniev (French Edition).
- 15 Celebrity Dog Products That Will Have Tails Wagging | E! News;
- Some of my friends have tails - V McKenna.
Some still do it, but the fad is fading; it peaked in , and has declined since then. No one really knows why Billie learned to tail-walk from the captive dolphins, or why her wild peers learned it from her. Tail-walking seems to carry no benefit.
Happy Tails. Thank you to all our adopters for providing loving homes to animals.
- US Army, Technical Manual, TM 5-6675-317-24P, TOPOGRAPHIC SUPPORT SYSTEM, COMPILATION SECTION MODEL ADC-TSS-5, (NSN 6675-01-105-5755).
- Tall tales of waggin’ tails: Canine cut-ups can have outdoors misadventures?
- Little Wing.
- Wild Dolphins Learned to 'Tail-Walk' From Captive Ones - The Atlantic!
- Water, Environment and Society in Times of Climatic Change: Contributions from an International Workshop within the framework of International Hydrological ... 1996 (Water Science and Technology Library)!
- Some Of My Friends Have Tails by Sara Henderson?
- Happy Tails | Humane Society Sarasota County.
Looking for a particular animal? The turn around dog We came to the Humane Society of Huron Valley for a few weeks to find that perfect dog who would Read More.
I hated Maizie's breed. I've only been bitten and annoyed by small dogs. He has been my companion for almost eight years getting me through some rough times and having lots of good times One of the best decisions I made was adopting my buddy.